Monday, October 13, 2008

college?

shit.
holy freaking shit.

you have GOT to be joking.
hell to the no, david blaine!

where we kept all my college savings(about 300K) was GET THIS! part of AIG.
yes, that AIG.
the one, you know, how it's all FUCKED.

THANKS!

good god.
if we'd closed the accounts a month ago and payed taxes on them, we'd have enough to send me, full ride, to Pomona(the one i want most right now) for all four years.
now, not so much.
we'd lost 12,000 dollars when we got our last statement.
there's no telling now that they've gone completely under.

this is going to change everything.
this is about to affect the rest of my life.
thank you, wall street, thank you so much.

you know, we aren't in debt. 
we bought my mom's car in full.
they've been saving that money since before i was even born.
i swear to god.
my dad just said to me, with a slight amount of sincerity, "you better start thinking about going to shelton state"
HELL NO!!
i will not waste myself in this town anymore.
i refuse.
if i can't get out of here, i honestly don't know what i'll do.
this is what i've been looking forward to for years.
this is what has gotten me through all the terrible days when school is just too boring to bare.
this is my freedom.
i cannot have that taken from me.

good god i love america.

------------------------------------------------

yikes.
slightly pissed, eh?
i...just...that's not even an option. no. my mind will not compute that i may have to stay here. i canNOT handle that.


i mean, i do understand if we really can't afford that.
i'm just saying it isn't right or fair to take that away from us, from me.
we are good people who make their payments on time and never cause trouble. 
and all they were doing was holding our money basically. kind of. the whole thing is confusing.
pretty much, our money that we put in there is being taken away because 7% of the population is dumb enough to bite off more than they can chew. THAT is what bothers me. why should my future be stripped away because some idiot in oklahoma didn't pay his mortgage on time? because some deadbeat in maine can't pay her bills? 
this seems unfair to me.
why am i paying for their mistakes?
why must i suffer for their inability to be realistic?


we'll see how this pans out.
but, honestly, if i end up stuck here, i will not be a happy camper.
i'll beat them all to death with my tent rod.

4 comments:

birdoffire137 said...

I actually have a lot to say on this, but I'm not sure if you wanna hear it...

Promise you won't let me piss you off?

Laura Moore said...

yeah.
i won't get pissed off.
but, know first: i talked it over with my mom today(i wrote this last night) and i understand MUCH better what's going on and why our money is gone.
that money was actually in stocks.
which, duh, is why it's only worth half of what it was two months ago.
we're not losing money for no reason.
i didn't know what these accounts were.(i thought they were like the credit union)
also we discussed scholarship stuff and even not leaving and even though that's a last resort, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

and...why would it piss me off?
i guess i'll find out...

birdoffire137 said...

lol. Basically, you just said it for me: It wouldn't be the end of the world. I know it means a lot to you, but where you spend four years is only important in that it effects how you spend four years. (What you learn, who you're with, what you do, etc.) Also - you're smart. If you want out of here THAT badly, you'll find a way to do it eventually. If not as soon as you'd like, soon.

Laura Moore said...

oh.
well, no, that wouldn't have pissed me off.
but, yeah.
i was pretty irrational last night.